Below you will find summer reading recommendations and requirements; some work is required for all students in rising Grades 6–12. A specific collection of activities and resources for Primary School families can be found HERE*.
Summer Activities to Support Learning
- Watch movies/shows in French/Spanish.
- Listen to audiobooks to promote reading comprehension and fluency.
- Read books (at any level) to promote literacy. Let the child guide the book selection.
- Read to your child. Selecting books that are at a reading level just above that of your child can introduce your child to deeper plots and characters and more complex vocabulary and sentence structure. This can also serve as a jumping off point for conversations and questions about a wide variety of topics.
- Play games that involve strategy, categorizing, memory, thinking routines, and visual-spatial skills.
- Journal (in any language) about summer activities — such as camp, visits with friends and family, and travel — to promote writing skills.
The information and lists below are for Summer 2022. This page has been published on June 22, 2022.