Summer Activities to Support Learning
- Watch movies/shows in French/Spanish.
- Listen to audiobooks to promote reading comprehension and fluency.
- Read books (at any level) to promote literacy. Let the child guide the book selection.
- Read to your child. Selecting books that are at a reading level just above that of your child can introduce your child to deeper plots and characters and more complex vocabulary and sentence structure. This can also serve as a jumping off point for conversations and questions about a wide variety of topics.
- Play games that involve strategy, categorizing, memory, thinking routines, and visual-spatial skills.
- Journal (in any language) about summer activities — such as camp, visits with friends and family, and travel — to promote writing skills.
All grades listed below are for the 2019-2020 school year. Click on the links for your lists.
Grade 6 English Reading List
Grade 6 French Reading List
Grade 6 Spanish A Reading List
Grade 7 English Reading List
Grade 7 French Reading List
Grade 7 Spanish A Reading List
Grade 8 English Reading List
Grade 8 French Reading List
Grade 8 Spanish A Reading List
Grade 8 Spanish B Reading List