Deeper Learning in a Distance Learning World: Fall 2020 Workshop Series
The Professional Development Collaborative at Washington International School is pleased to announce an online workshop series that will take place every other Thursday this autumn through November.
Titled “Deeper Learning in a Distance Learning World,” the series will commence on Thursday, September 10, 2020. Each workshop will focus on a pedagogical tool or strategy developed at or inspired by Project Zero, a research group located in the Graduate School of Education at Harvard University, and will feature a master educator from the DC-Project Zero network located in the Washington, DC, region.
All workshops will take place from 4:00-5:15 PM (US EDT).
On September 10, the series will launch with “Interrogating Legacy: Voice, Choice, and Critical Mending,” a workshop led by Jaime Chao Mignano, the STEAM Community Coordinator for Grades 6-12 at Washington International School and a member of the leadership team for WISSIT and the Making Across the Curriculum project.
The series will run through Thursday, November 19. The dates, topics, and workshop leaders are listed below; details will be added as they become available.
The cost for each workshop is $35.00. Payment must be made by credit card at the time of registration.
Each workshop will be capped at 18 participants, who will receive by email the link to the workshop session two days in advance.
Registration links for each workshop can be found in the drop down menus below.
- 9/10/2020: Interrogating Legacy: Voice, Choice, and Critical Mending
- 9/24/2020: Teaching Fish About Water: Critical Engagement with Media
- 10/8/2020: Inviting, Informing, and Amplifying Student Voice in the Virtual Classroom
- 10/22/2020: Supporting Children’s Optimal Brain Growth & Engagement During Challenging Times
- 11/5/2020: Creating a Culture of Thinking with Students in a Distance Learning Space
- 11/19/2020: Your Child's First Teacher: Using Project Zero Ideas at Home