Preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten
Our Early Childhood program begins with Preschool (for children who are three years old by September 1), continues with Pre-Kindergarten (for four-year-olds) and concludes with Kindergarten. All Early Childhood programs are French Immersion or Spanish Immersion.
The key features of WIS Early Childhood program are:
- Children of all language backgrounds are invited to apply: there is no language prerequisite.
- The program is planned so Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten teachers "loop" with their students. This structure allows a child who starts in Preschool to stay with the same teacher for Pre-Kindergarten.
- Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten students investigate four PYP Units of Inquiry during the year.
- The Units alternate so a child who is at WIS for both Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten will not study the same Unit twice.
- The program for Preschool is developmentally adjusted, recognizing students may require extra rest or additional time to adapt to an immersion classroom.
The program is structured as follows: one French and one Spanish classroom of Preschool; one French and one Spanish classroom of Pre-Kindergarten; two French and two Spanish classrooms of Kindergarten.