Curriculum, Grades 6-10
The academic program for Grades 6-10 is organized around six curricular spheres that facilitate students’ academic, social, and personal development:
- Creativity and Innovation: Students demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative processes using a variety of media.
- Communication and Collaboration: Students effectively communicate through a variety of media and work collaboratively to support learning and contribute to the learning of others.
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making: Students use critical thinking to plan and conduct research, manage projects, and make informed decisions using appropriate tools and resources.
- Research and Information Fluency: Students effectively gather, evaluate, and use information from a variety of sources.
- Citizenship in the Digital Age: Students develop an understanding of cultural and societal issues, including those related to media and technology, in order to practice ethical behavior.
- Pursuit and Assessment of Personal Growth: Students demonstrate a love of learning and enthusiastically embrace challenges.