Geothermal Power

Construction of the Mansion, the centerpiece of the Washington International School Tregaron Campus, was completed in 1914. As this historic building approached its 100th anniversary, the WIS Board of Trustees and Administration determined that significant renovations were required in order to ensure the safety of our students and staff, as well as to improve energy efficiency. 

In conjunction with those renovations, WIS worked with the Tregaron Conservancy to gain approval to drill geothermal wells. The new geothermal system will provide heating and cooling to the Mansion, decreasing energy costs.

powered by finalsite