Global citizenship is an integral part of the WIS mission and we believe environmental stewardship is the responsibility of every global citizen. As a school, we support sustainability and hope to foster this consciousness in our students.
Sustainable efforts at WIS include:
- WIS campuses are powered by wind.
- A green roof on the extension of our Primary School completed in 2011, which improves thermal performance and reduces surface runoff.
- Geothermal power for our historic Mansion, on the Tregaron Campus.
- Interior storm sashes to increase energy efficiency of the Mansion's historic windows.
- A recycling program, incorporating student involvement via the Middle School Roots and Shoots club.